You never thought that being a home owner would require so much work. Between dealing with the air conditioning maintenance and keeping electric generators available for emergencies, it has been one task after another. The one major advantage of the whole home owning process was that you now understand more about generator services.
The process of understanding and trouble shooting generator preventative maintenance, in fact, has taught you many details about small engines and all of their parts. In addition, the typical generator services that you have most recently mastered have helped you in a variety of tasks around the house. The most portable types of electric generators, for instance, are able to help you clean things as diverse as the outdoor air conditioning unit that needs cleaned at the end of every winter and the driveway that needs power washed. In fact, residential generators are often more helpful than most people might imagine.
Home owners have master the art of many tasks. As the end of the winter approaches, some home owners find themselves using their generator services and other small mechanical and maintenance tasks to make sure that your air conditioner is ready to work as soon as the hottest temperatures arrive.
Consider some of the other home problems and service needs that face many house owners:
- Most homes have some kind of small leaks that can lead to bigger problems. For instance, the average home’s leaks can amount to more than 10,000 gallons of water being wasted every year.
- Air conditioners cost American homeowners more than $11 billion every year. Following directions for regular maintenance appointments can keep an air conditioner running efficiently and protect the investment.
- If an air conditioner is old, a home owner might consider replacing it and investing in an energy-efficient model. Looking for ENERGY STAR labels, for example, can help you find qualified room air conditioners that are as much as 10% more efficient. In addition, these qualified central units are about 15% more efficient than older, standard models.
- Nearly 30% of the water used in a home is actually used just to flush the toilet.
- Through proper use of a programmable thermostat, a home owner can save about $180 every year in energy costs.
- Every six months it is important to have a complete service. From using the generator services to help prepare the outside units to changing the filters inside, these twice a year appointments are essential to protecting both heating and cooling systems.
- New air conditioners and furnaces are expensive, but they are investments that can immediately begin saving energy costs.
- Air conditioners use about 5% of all the electricity produced in the U.S. Making sure that your unit is effective and efficient, air filter changes are important.
- Next time you need to make a major home improvement that requires an electric generator, it may be time to purchase one yourself, instead of throwing money away on rentals.
- Cutting heating and cooling bills can start with changing air filters once a month. At the very least, filters should be changed every three months.
- Easily corrected household water leaks can help homeowners save as much as 10% on water bills.
For some home owners, paying a service company to come out for even the most basic household repairs is an option. For most people, however, the far more affordable way to fix problems around the house is to take care of the tasks themselves. Understanding how to fix minor plumbing problems and taking care of minor maintenance tasks. Learning the basics of running an electric generator and how to check for small leaks can pay off big dividends in the end.