The tree trimming device looked more like a combination fishing pole and lacrosse racket than something that could be used to remove the lower branches of a tree. In the hands of an experienced arborist, however, the slack line that was actually a rope much thicker than any useable fishing line served its purpose. As the arborist reached high above his head into the lush canopy of leaves, he pulled on the rope where it closed the sharp set of blades at the end of the pole. These blades, where a net would be located on a lacrosse stick, enabled the worker to trim much of the tree from the ground, without ever needing to use a ladder. Just as a lacrosse player could catch a ball five or six feet above his head, this arborist deftly used his tool to capture the small branches at the bottom of the tree that needed to be trimmed.
The needed tree trimming was the first step needed before the roofing contractors could begin their work. The branches had grown so much that they were hanging on the roof and the roofing contractors indicated that for them to do their jobs safely the trees needed to be taken care of first.
Residential Roofing Companies Are Often Their Busiest in the Summer
Hiring professional roofers professionals is essential if you are getting ready to repair or replace the roof on your home. Although there are also people who thing that they can tackle any home improvement project themselves, rood work can be both dangerous and difficult. In fact, roofing is one of the tasks that is almost better completed by a professional roof maintenance or replacement team. With the proper kinds of ladders, lifts, and other necessary equipments, a professional team can help make sure that the final project is completed without incident or injury.
Consider these facts and figures about the roofing industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- A new asphalt shingle roof has a return on investment (ROI) of about 62%.
- 80% of homes in the U.S. are covered with asphalt shingles.
- Home owners can get as much as a 30% decrease in a home’s energy needs by simply choosing the right roofing material.
- Playing an important role in its overall aesthetics, the roof generally represents about 40% of the visual exterior of a typical home.
- Up to 20% of every dollar spent on home heating goes right through the roof without adequate insulation.
- A roof should be inspected once or twice a year under normal circumstances.
Roofing contractors are very busy this time of the year, sometimes due to the fact that jobs do not always get started as planned. These projects are delayed because of the weather, and sometimes, because of overgrown and low hanging tree branches.