If you live near a wooded area, chances are you’ve had a few run-ins with critters. Animals like mice and squirrels, can be a nuisance and cause damage to your home, but it’s best to try and remove any pests as humanely as possible.
For starters, you’re probably wondering why critters like squirrels and mice are coming into your home in the first place. The answer is quite simple: homes are warm and comfortable and get them out of the heat or the cold, just like they do for humans.
It’s estimated by the National Pest Management Association that without people working in pest control, rodents and bugs would wipe out at least 50% of our food supply. As it stands now, rodents and pests feed on and contaminate at least 20% of the food supply.
Seeing pests in your home can be an unwelcome site for some folks. But humane squirrel removal and humane mice removal should be the goal. With humane animal removal, your goals are to:
- Manage any pests in an eco-friendly way, which means you won’t be using any toxins to remove them.
- Ideally find a way to cut down on any stress to squirrels, mice or other pests. You want to get rid of them, but not hurt them.
- Find a way to get the animal or animals to go somewhere else. You don’t want an ongoing problem, so you want to try and get it to leave on its own.
- Try to find a way of humane squirrel removal or humane mice removal that’s not going to cost you a lot.
Now that you’ve established what the goals should be for safe and humane squirrel removal and mice removal, here are some tips for humane squirrel removal and humane mice removal should they get into your home:
- Pinpoint where the problem is. One of the hardest things with pest control, humane or not, can be trying to find where squirrels, mice and other animals are getting in from.
- Once you’ve pinpointed where and what is entering your home, you can set some traps that will remove any pests from your home in a humane way.
- When you’ve managed to get everything under control, you’ll want to inspect the area where the critters got in to figure out if any repairs need to be made (if there’s any damage).
- You’ll also want to seal up those entry points to prevent anything from coming in that way again.
Humane squirrel removal and mice removal from a house is possible and it can be done without having to go to great and unnecessary measures. You can do it yourself or you can call upon professionals who are experienced in rodent control and rodent removal and can help you take care of the problem.