Are You Preparing for a Kitchen Remodeling Project?
The plan for the new kitchen is exciting. Your already have a contractor coming in to refinish the wood flooring, and as soon as that is finished you are working with a different contractor to make plans for the new cupboards. Finding the right flooring, the right cabinets, and the other right accessories can help you create a space that will be a gathering place from one day until the next. Making sure that your changes are both visually appealing and functional can help you create a space that will work for years.
Kitchen and bathroom remodelers offer their clients a project that is not only adds function, but also value, to a home. In fact, even a minor kitchen remodeling project has an average return on investment (ROI) of 82.7%. In comparison, bathroom additions offer an average of 86.4% ROI. Whether you are planning a complete kitchen remodel, from appliances to flooring, or you are making plans for a minor bathroom renovation, selecting the right contractor is an important decision.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the remodeling industry and the effect that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 90% of home owners are changing the style of their master bathroom during their next planned upgrade.
- 87% of home owners updating their bathrooms are renovating their shower.
- 80% of renovating home owners are replacing major bathroom features such as countertops, flooring, sinks, and showers.
- 87% of homeowners enlisted the help of a professional during their kitchen renovation project, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Kitchen Trends Study.
- 30% of survey respondents were expanding their shower size by 50% or more, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Bathroom Trends Study.
- 76% of home owners use their renovation projects to change the style of their kitchen.
- 69% of all jobs requested were for kitchen remodeling, according to a National Association of Home Builders survey. This means that kitchen remodeling is the second most popular request.
Plans are an important part of any remodeling project, but you also have to make sure you select a great contractor to help you complete all of the tasks on time so that you get the final product that you desire.