6 Tips to Get the Bathroom You Want Without Breaking the Bank
Bathroom renovations are very popular. When asked, at least 60% of homeowners said they plan to redo their master bathrooms, according to a study put out by Houzz. It is possible to get a great looking bathroom without spending a ton. From getting the right bathroom contractors to taking a creative approach to your remodeling job, you can get your dream bathroom. Expert contractors offer these tips for approaching any bathroom redesign project.
- Change the color of the walls. Most contractors agree that this is one of the easiest ways you can totally change the look and feel of your bathroom. Painting the walls of a bathroom is an extremely easy and cost effective way to completely alter the way you look at your bathroom. This can make fixtures or accessories that look dated and old, look new and fresh. There are a lot of paints that have been developed to work well in the humid environment that is your bathroom. This is a quick and easy way to update the look of your bathroom. Keep in mind the fact that light and bright colors will make your bathroom look larger, which can be a good thing for smaller bathrooms.
- Get a new shower head. There are a lot of unique and new shower heads that can transform your shower into a spa. Rain shower heads can give the bathroom an exotic look and feel. A shower heard with a massage feature can turn it into a spa experience. There are a lot of options. You do not need to bring in a contractor to change the shower head, all you need is a wrench and between five and ten minutes. This small change can make a big difference in your bathroom.
- Get a few really striking accessories. You do not need to make all of the appliances in your bathroom be very fancy or unique but a few pieces can make a big difference in the way your bathroom looks. Examples of nice accessories are plush, soft towels that look great, a make up mirror that stands out or a vase with fresh flowers. These may seem like small touches but adding them to your bathroom can make it look and feel a lot different. If you are looking for something really unique and interesting, bamboo towels can give you a new look that lasts for a long time.
- Skip the shower door and get a shower curtain. It is true that shower doors are more popular than shower curtains. Approximately 79% of all homeowners report that they prefer glass shower doors to curtains. Having said that, going with a shower curtain for your shower can make a real difference in your bathroom. Not only can you get elegant or fun shower curtains, you can change them throughout the year for the different seasons. This means you can quickly and easily change up the look of your bathroom when you want to. This is another way to add some color and flair to a bathroom and is another change you can do on your own without a contractor.
- Put a frame around your mirror. You can either buy a mirror that has a frame or you can get a frame and put it on the mirror that is in your bathroom already. This adds a bit of glitz and glamour to your bathroom and can make the mirror a focal point of the room. If you have a frame that you are not using, you can repurpose it to use in your bathroom.
- Look at using granite remnants. Oftentimes, shops that work with granite and contractors that work with the material will have pieces left over after they do a job. These may be big enough to use for your bathroom vanity. These stores and contractors are often eager to sell it and will give you a very good price. This is one way to get the granite you want at a decent price.
Bathroom remodeling jobs are very popular around the United States and are great to increase the value of a home. By taking simple steps, you can get the bathroom you love for less.